This an easy project (perfect for a novice sewer!) and uses minimal supplies.
You will need:
- Sweet as honey fabric
- Double fold bias tape in coordinating colors
- Matching thread
- An old bandana (for your pattern)
- Sewing Machine
Lets get started!
2. Cut out fabric with triangle pattern
3. Cut out another piece of fabric using the first pattern you created.
4. Place fabric together, right sides touching.
6. Cut your corners and pull your fabric through the hole.
7. Iron down your seams.
8. Encase the top of your bandana between the fold in your bias tape. Sew the tape onto the bandana and sew along the remaining edges to secure the two pieces of fabric in place.
1. Cut out a rectangle of coordinating fabric
2. fold the square in half and sew along the unfolded side of the fabric. Turn right side out.
3. Place both ends of the rectangle in the middle of the rectangle and sew to secure the edges in place.
4. (not pictured) Take a much smaller rectangle of the fabric your bandana is made out of and repeat the steps. Wrap that rectangle tightly around the middle of your large rectangle and secure in place with hand stitching or a hot glue gun. Secure on your bandana with either hand stitching or a hot glue gun.
The end result bow should look like this:
Inspired yet?! Don't forget to keep up with the Sweet As Honey Blog Tour all month!! MANY more beautiful creations to come!