The thing is, when you blog you get to pick and choose and edit. You get to post beautifully styled shoots and photos of yourself. You get to share traits about you that you think people will like and will think your super cool for sharing it. You share deep things like faith and loss and curate wonderful crafts. And those things are all so good, and they inspire and create so much beauty.. but they aren't what make up the bulk of my life.
If you ask anyone who knows me even a little bit, they will tell you that I love to laugh, and I am slightly (depending on who you ask) weird. The two pictures I've shared are from when David and I lived in Colorado.. and they are some of his favorite pictures of me. Because every time David sees them, he laughs and knows they are totally 100% weirdly me. And we love it. We always talk about how we wonder what people would think of us if they stepped into our kitchen on any given night and heard me talking in strange voices and walking around like a rabbit (did I just put that out on the internet?!) .. and David rolling on the floor he's laughing so hard. Or some of the strange conversations we have with one another. I wonder if we would still have any friends.
So, friend in the spirit of sharing my true colors, and trying to make this space a bit more open to seeing the real person behind the blog, I'm going to follow in Allie's footsteps and share some quirky weird things about myself. Get ready.
- I am recovering from germaphobia. As a kid I would wash my hands about 20 times an hour, and was convinced that if I swallowed my spit I'd die from germs. Consequently, my parent's couch has several spit stains on it. Thankfully I've grown out of this.
- I like to talk in strange voices, and occasionally make up words. I like to throw them in regular conversation with people I don't know, just to get a reaction.
- I am shy. So shy I still have a hard time returning items or asking for directions. Talking to strangers scares me to death. My sister did all of that for me growing up, and now my husband takes care of the job.
- My middle name should be "falls-a-lot" because not a day goes by where I don't run into something, trip over something or fall flat on my face. It's just how it goes. I just counted 25 bruises on my legs. Sometimes I like to play connect the dots with them.
- Licking my elbow is my greatest talent. I'm so proud of that ability.
- When I learned sign language in elementary school I spent a year signing everything I said. I thought no one saw me do this. I was wrong.
- I can't spell. I am sure you've noticed. And for that I am sorry.
- Office Depot and Staples have always been my favorite stores. I love office supplies and organizing things.
- A few years ago I thought everything I saw on the road (trash, roadkill etc.) was a dead person. Lots of tears were shed that year.
- I HATE confrontation. Don't confront me about that. I'll run into a closet and hide there for days to avoid you.
The funny thing is, it's kind of hard to list out things that make you weird, or make up who you are. I guess you'll just have to come visit and see for yourself. :)
What are some things that make you weirdly you? Or are you the one person I know who is totally normal and put together?