Gluten Free and Vegan Natural Products I Use Daily
I just got back from a wonderful vacation visiting some dear friends up in Michigan. If you follow me on instagram, you got to see all of the pretty snow! It was so nice to be away from everything (including the internet), but is always good to come home to routine and people you love:).
Before I share details about the trip, I wanted to share with you guys natural products I use!
I get a lot of questions about what products I use for body care, so I thought it'd be fun to show you guys some products that I use almost daily! All are Natural (most organic), gluten free and vegan. It's taken A WHOLE LOT of trial and error to find out what products work, and what products aren't worth your money.. especially when it comes to gluten free and vegan natural products.
1. Natural Bristle Body Brush- I use this every morning before I get into the shower, or before I take a detoxification bath. The longer the handle the better! You can learn more about body brushing by clicking here!
2. Dr. Bronner's Pure Castel Soap- We have been using Dr. Bronner soaps since we got married and love them. We use them for a body wash, often times a shampoo and for an all purpose cleaner in our home. To make your own cleaner, get a squirt bottle and fill it up with soap about 1/4 inch. Fill the rest with filtered water, and you've got the best cleaner you'll ever use! The bottle claims that it's great for washing clothes too.. but we tried it once and it made my favorite skirt all blotchy and discolored. Try it at your own risk!
3. Honey Bee Gardens Mascara- You've heard me talk about how much I love Honey Bee Gardens before. They make GREAT natural products, and are extremely affordable. I don't usually wear make-up, but when I do they are who I turn to! Since I don't wear it very often, my products last me for years:).
4. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Shampoo- For a long time I was using Desert Essence Shampoo, but found that Trader Joe's has shampoo I can use and it's about $5 dollars cheaper! So, if you have a Trader Joe's near you make sure you check out their personal care section. You won't be disappointed.
5. Desert Essence Organics Conditioner- I love Desert Essence because they are not only gluten free and vegan, but organic and extremely affordable. Their Chapstick is a daily use for me too!
6. Mychelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub- I went to school to become and Aesthetician for a hot minute and did tons of research on gluten free vegan skincare products. With all of my research, I finally decided that Mychelle was my favorite company. They educate customers, they practice good ethics and have MANY products that are gluten free and vegan. I also have their toner, but do not use it daily. I highly recommend them if your in the market for some good quality skin care products that won't break the bank.
7.Trader Joes's Fluoride Free Toothpaste- Fluoride free is a must! There are so many studies being done on the harmful effects of fluoride in our bodies. Google it, and you'll be floored.
8. Preserve Toothbrush- Preserve is a great company, doing everything they can to utilize recycled materials in products we use daily. I love using their toothbrushes! The cool part is that every time you buy one you get a little mailing container that you can ship your used one back to the company so it can be recycled! Pretty cool, huh?
9. Desert Essence Organics Unscented Body Lotion- We have tried several other brands, and most of them we like.. but you can't beat the price of Desert Essence Organics.
10. Clear Conscience Multi-Purpose Solution- Did you know that a lot of contact solutions have crazy chemicals and are tested on lots of animals? Not Clear Conscious! I've been using them for about 3 years and love it. The good thing is that the bottle lasts you a LONG time:).
11. Earth Science Tea Tree Lavender Natural Deodorant- How many natural deodorants have you tried? After reading so many articles about harmful effects of mainstream deodorants, I switched my first year of college. I tried SO many different deodorants and finally landed on Earth Science. I like them a lot better than Tom's and the salt crystals.
I am SUPER sensitive to smells. The burning of a candle, or the whiff of someone's perfume will send me over the edge with a migraine. So, in my care routine I stay away from any perfumes. Often times natural essential oils are too strong for me, too. Most things I wear are either unscented or are lavender scented. For some reason the lavender is a calm enough smell for me to handle.
What about you? Are there any natural products you swear by? Leave a comment letting me know, and if you have any questions!