Since I know all of you are getting ready for a fun Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to share this easy bunting diy so you could decorate and party in style. I have been making a lot of these strings of buntings lately for my sweet friends who are having babies soon! I have also decorated some drab areas of our home with them too and just love the sweetness and fun they bring to a room.
Here's what you'll need:
- scrap fabric (I used felt because it doesn't fray, some thick coffee bag scraps I have, and some pillow case fabric)
-A pattern for your triangles
-double fold bias tape (or you can make your own!)
Here's what you will do:
1. Get a piece of paper and cut out a square, roughly the size and width you want your triangles to be. I like mine smaller, but some people like to make really large bunting triangles!
2. Fold your paper in half and cut it diagonally across (this will make a triangle)
3. Depending on how long you want your bunting to be, cut out that many triangles respectively. I always over cut so that I don't have to make a mess again for just a few more triangles.
4. Load your machine with thread that matches your double fold bias tape.
5. Place your first triangle about two inches away from the end of our tape, inside the "double fold".
Sew your triangle into place. Keep adding your triangles and you work your way down your bias tape... I made mine in a repeating pattern, but you can do whatever works for you!
Viola! You have some pretty bunting for your parties this weekend!
in case you missed it:
Monday, I shared some tips and tricks for planning your first mini session as a photographer
Tuesday you got to meet some of my favorite people, and see their maternity photos!
Thursday we talked about being brave with our stories, and some thoughts on this business of blogging.
Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend, see you Monday!